Hey there! I am Kara and I love to help other mama's find wellness, purpose and abundance!
I want to talk about a topic that amongst this worldwide pandemic we are all experiencing, that we have a choice to chose happiness or fear.
Those days that you feel like you just aren't feeling the love or the vibe, its ok. Let's re-wire your thoughts to help you here especially in times like these. I will share with you what I have done to free my mind from the constant anxieties of the world currently.
1. Unfollow or "snooze" those people or posts on social media that you aren't liking. I started doing this when I would see a post about the current events and miraculously my social media feeds are now filled with things I want to see! Easy Peasy.
2. Get outside if you can for fresh air. Open a window if you can't. The fresh air even if its cold allows yourself to smell the earth and just breathe. Do it now while you're reading this post. Stand up, open the window and let the breeze flow in even if its just for a few minutes! If you don't want to get up right now, call upon your child to open the window if it is safe to do so :-)
3. Exercise. I am admitting this now, but I am 29 currently and have always failed at work outs. I started doing home work outs in the last couple weeks to clear my mind, and it does wonders for my mood. Even adding in a couple days a week has made a HUGE difference in my mindset! Turn it into the kids' phy-ed class too :-)
4. Get the kids doing a craft to keep them occupied too. Remember, when mama is happy, so are the kids. They feed into your energies, so if they are happy then so are you. Keep in mind they are also going through a different path than you are and can also feel the tension and upset rippling through the house. Keep them informed enough but keep it calm and encouraging.
5. Only read the news if you feel so inclined. Shut off any screens during the day, don't read the news right before bed, and certainly don't go out searching for the news. If you have to watch news, do it to stay informed in your local community. I only search for the local news when absolutely necessary and global news very rarely to stay up to date. I also don't believe absolutely everything that is reported on the news.
6. Read a book, do a craft yourself, play with the kids, get the whole family outdoors or doing games. Do something that you used to do that you have left in the dusty closet. Pick up those knitting needles again, pick up those old soccer shoes, rollerblades, bikes, and go clear your mind.
7. Call those family members you've been putting off. Now is a good time since most people are probably at home. Call those grandparents up, call up your brother living across the world. Call up your old friend whom you haven't seen in years. Your sister. Your Aunt. Your Uncle. Your Mom. Your Dad. Whoever comes to mind, call them and ask how they are doing.
8. Be the good in the world instead of focusing on the negatives. Start now, this minute, think of three things you are grateful for. Now think of three more things. Now three more. Do that now and continue thinking about the things you are grateful for and the blessings in your life. You'll be genuinely suprised as you start to smile and relax when you do this!
9. Take a few deep breaths in and out. Now smile! You're amazing and you WILL chose to be happy and vibrant! When you find yourself down, try this technique. Close your eyes, breathe in and out deeply and smile. Teach this to your kids as well, or better yet have them do it while you are!
10. Cook, clean, keep your normal life activities the same. Some days you don't have the energy to cook or clean, and thats ok too! Take it a day at a time but go back to those things that you know have helped you get through the day. If it was a phone call, a smile to the neighbor, or cleaning up your feeds! Do what YOU need to, to get through.
Above all else, remember that you are unique and the way you are experiencing this is unique. You can chose to be full of fear, anxiety and resentment, or you can chose to be full of hope, new beginnings, and faith.
I chose to be full of hope, new beginnings and faith. In today's world, be the good.
I would love to invite you to join our open-minded mama's group here for further support. This group is just starting up but I'm looking for mom's just like you who are looking for the hope in the world.
Here are also five tips for ordinary moms who want to become semi-"au-naturale" :-)
Have a wonderful day!