Hey there I'm Kara and I help other mama's find and achieve natural wellness. Here are ten things I want you to know if you're a breastfeeding mama!!!
1. Breastfeeding is not all or nothing sort of thing. It is and can be very flexible for you and your family!
2. Many of us have days were we wanted to give it up. Keep going, you'll get past the hard part and you'll feel relief once you have gotten past the hard part!
3. Breastfeeding can look very different for each mom/baby. Not one of us is the same and we all have different ways!
4. Tongue Ties can impact breastfeeding. I have not ever had this in any of my babies, but have had many friends that have dealt with this. Cheek ties and lip ties can also contribute to many problems you may have with latching!
5. Find the support you need! Join a facebook group, find mom's online who have babies the same age, go to a local support meeting. These can be so beneficial for your breastfeeding journey.
6. Lactation cookies, herbs, teas can really help but they need to be combined with other treatments for increasing supply. (such as how often is baby feeding, how much is baby getting, baby's latch, etc)
7. Breastfeed for as long as you and baby want. Or as short as you want.
8. Nighttime feedings don't just end after a few months old. Many times they are well past the nutrition stage and just like the night time connection. This can also boost supply too!
9. You have the right to feel however you want about breastfeeding! Your feelings are real and normal.
10. Breastfeeding is above all, love. It is one of the many ways you can exchange your love with your baby!
Thanks for your time in reading this, and reach out if you have any questions. I'd love to help!
Also click here to join our facebook group where we do talk about all things wellness!!!